Professional Leadership Coaching
This is a program of professional development and personal enrichment that elicits insights and self-awareness for executives and emerging leaders who are striving to improve business results.
Through a confidential relationship with an executive coach, participants engage in an assessment of their personal and professional motivations and desires, their communication and decision-making styles, and how they are perceived by co-workers, clients, and others with whom they need successful relationships.
Sign up for course news and offers
|What Coaching Is||What Coaching Is Not|
|Personally and professionally enriching||Another lame training program|
|Confidential||An opportunity for public humiliation|
|Objective||Fraught with hidden agendas|
|Committed to business improvement||Feel good, pedantic, obsequious, warm 'n fuzzy|
|Unique to each coachee||Templated, rote, homogenized, standardized|
|A journey to realizing your full potential||A quick fix|
|Behavior-, skill-, and business-based||Psychotherapy|
|Iterative, organic, and evolving||By the book|
|A demonstration of accountability||A substitute or proxy for management involvement|
|A constructive intervention for development and refinement of skills||An A-B-C, 1-2-3 list of "shoulds" and "coulds"|
Process, Methodologies, and Rules of Engagement
- Assess the individual's current state.
- Orient the coach and the individual to the coachee's environment, challenges, and goals.
- Engage each individual in the particular leadership challenges they face.
- Work to link personal and team behaviors to goals.
- Challenge the individual to set specific expectations to achieve results.
- Evaluate progress through observable and documented behavior changes.
Coaching session documentation, observations, and action recommendations are provided to the individual as a tool for performance definition and change prior to the next coaching opportunity.