Aero Online Courses List
Aerospace Short Course Program Online Courses
Online Course Schedule & Registration
Learn the latest industry knowledge from expert instructors
Click on any course title below to see the course description, and click on the blue button at the bottom of the course description to get additional course details and to register for the course.
The following courses are currently open for public registration. They are also available for online delivery at your organization.
Instructor: Albert Helfrick
June 5 - June 23, 2023
This course meets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00am to 2:00pm US Central Time.
This course provides a very broad overview of avionics. It covers the historical evolution of the avionics industry and usage of avionics to the present day. You will learn why avionics is what it is today, in addition to understanding how it works. The course covers legacy systems still in use and the latest state-of-the-art systems currently being installed. The avionics environment is an important part of this course. In the context of this course, "environment" refers not only to the physical environment of pressure, temperature, vibration, etc. but the regulatory environment. Systems are an important part of this course, and system communications and assessment are covered. This course introduces you to the unique language of avionics (abbreviations, terms and acronyms) and connects these terms to the systems they represent.
Earn 35 classroom hours and 3.5 CEUs.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for engineers and technicians involved with avionics but may not have attended formal courses in avionics. It would also suit those who work in a specific area of avionics and who would benefit from learning the latest developments in areas outside of their discipline or a brush-up on basics.
$2,195 (early registration)
$2,395 (regular registration)
The following courses are available for online delivery at your organization.
For more information, contact Marina Enclarde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aerodynamic Design of Commercial Airplanes
- Aircraft Icing: Meteorology, Protective Systems, Instrumentation and Certification
- Aircraft Structural Loads: Criteria, Analysis and Validation
- Aircraft Structures: Analysis and Design
- Airplane Flight Dynamics
- Complex Electronic Hardware Development and DO-254
- Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS) and FAA Requirements
- Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS) Safety Assessment – 25.1709
- Electromagnetic Effects Aircraft Level Testing and FAA Requirements
- FAA Aircraft Certification and Airworthiness Approvals
- Flight Control and Hydraulic Systems
- Flight Test Principles and Practices
- Flight Testing Unmanned Aircraft Systems - Unique Challenges
- Fundamentals of V/STOL Rotorcraft
- High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) Certification and Compliance
- Instructions for Continued Airworthiness Using Enhanced Zonal Analysis Procedure
- Introduction to Electromagnetic Effects (EME) and Aircraft Engineering Requirements
- Introduction to RTCA DO-160 Qualification: Purpose, Testing and Design Considerations
- MIL-STD Qualification: Purpose, Testing and Design Considerations
- Operational Aircraft Performance and Flight Test Practices
- Operational Test and Evaluation: User-Centric Systems Testing
- Stress Analysis for Aerospace Structures
- Structural Composites
- Systems and Safety for Electric/Hybrid-Electric Aircraft and Urban Air Mobility
- System Safety Assessment for Commercial Aircraft Certification
Additional short courses are in development, and will be listed here when available. Check back soon!